Denton County Fresh Water Supply District 8C
Water Utility Provider for Frisco Ranch, the Preserve, and Frisco Hills
Click here to view the 2016 Consumer Confidence Report for your neighborhood!
Looking for a more user friendly website? Please visit us here.
Please visit our Trash & Recycling page for more information on the holiday trash/recycling schedule.
Winter And Freeze Alert
Bursting pipes occur when frozen water causes a pressure buildup between the ice blockage and the closed faucet. Pipes in attics, crawl spaces, and outside walls are particularly vulnerable to extreme cold. Now that we have entered the winter months, here are a few tips to help avoid pipe damage in the event of a freeze:
- Fit exposed pipes and outdoor water faucets with insulation sleeves or wraps to slow heat transfer
- Keep a slow drip of water flowing through faucets connected to pipes that run through an unheated or unprotected space, such as bathroom or kitchen faucets that are against an exterior wall (the water in the pipe still may freeze, but allowing a slow trickle of water will alleviate pressure in the lines and help prevent a pipe from bursting)
- Keep cabinet doors open to allow warm air to circulate around pipes
- Never try to thaw a frozen pipe with an open flame!
If your water meter has frozen please contact the water operator, Jason Cork, for assistance at (214) 773-6013
Other tips on winterizing your home are available at here.
Please be advised! During the fall and winter months, regular twice a week irrigation usage is not needed. Once every two weeks will suffice depending on local precipitation rates. To see how much water your lawn needs, check out this fast and easy Texas A&M water calculator at WaterMyYard.org
Water Restrictions for Frisco Ranch/The Preserve (Stage 1):
The allowed watering days are based on your home address:
Addresses ending with an even number (14600, 14604, 14608, etc): TUESDAY AND FRIDAY
Addresses ending with an odd number (14601, 14605, 14609, etc): WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY
* No automated irrigation watering between 10AM - 6PM
* Automated irrigation prohibited on the days of: Sunday, Monday, Thursday
- Attended hand watering and soaker hoses allowed for up to 2 hours on any given day.
- For more information click here.
- Signs have been posted throughout Frisco Ranch and The Preserve stating Stage 1 Water Restrictions.
Water Restrictions for Frisco Hills:
Frisco Hills residents will follow Little Elm Water Restrictions. The Seasonal Stage 3 Restrictions have been lifted as of May 1st 2015, however conservation is still needed. Beginning May 1st, customers may water up to two times per week, only if watering is needed. Little Elm will be updating their webpage every week, based on rainfall, if watering your lawn is recommended. To find out how much water your lawn needs, click here for the Water My Yard calculator!
**Watering Days for Frisco Hills**
Monday & Thursday
- No watering between 10:00AM - 6:00PM
* Foundations, new landscaping, new plantings (first year) of shrubs, and trees may be watered for up to 2 hours on any day by a hand-held hose, a soaker hose, or a dedicated zone using a drip irrigation system.
* Prohibit using water in such a manner that allows runoff or waste.
* Outdoor watering requires a spray nozzle with shut-off.
* Residents are allowed to wash vehicles at any time if using a hose with a hand-held sprayer or nozzle with shut-off.
NOTICE TO ALL RESIDENTS SERVICED BY DCFWSD #8-C
Waste Management will recover up to 2 cubic yards of bulk waste from your home. We recommend calling WM 24-48hrs in advance and schedule the pick up for your regular trash day (Thursday). Waste Management (800) 772-8653.
All residents in Frisco Ranch, The Preserve and Frisco Hills may now dispose of up to 5 cubic yards of waste at no charge at the Contractor's DFW Landfill once per month. A driver's license and monthly water bill with matching address must be presented at the time of disposal.
Contractor's DFW Landfill
1600 Railroad Street, Lewisville, Texas
- To see previous news postings please click on the Water Information tab.
FOR WATER EMERGENCIES: Call (214) 773-6013
Reminder: Door hangers are a courtesy! Once the account is past due, it is subject to service interruption at any time. Past due notices (by mail/ebill) state the day payment must be remitted to avoid any service interruption.
You may also drop a payment at the grey drop-box by the community pool in Frisco Ranch located at 1212 Lone Pine Drive, or come by the office Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.
Have quick account questions? Please email us at
Office Phone (972) 987-4250
Office Fax (972) 987-4296